Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Monday, December 23, 2013

Tea Towel Challenge and Paper Piecing Vintage BOM

I decided to fuse two different QALs and design this wall hanging:


This is my initial layout, but I am not sure if it is going to be the final one too. :)

I will start working from the tea towel (center) out and see how it looks in fabric.
It's still very hard for me to see how things are going to look from a drawing on the computer...
Probably the Greek border (top/bottom) will be smaller and thinner than the one shown above... but for now I will leave it like that.
The little motifs on the side of the central image are paper piecing reproduction of the motif that is in the lower band of the tea towel. I designed those little motifs myself. All the other blocks are part of the Paper Piecing Vintage BOM by Jennifer. I just mixed the colors and duplicated the blocks few times. Each block will be 6''. A couple of blocks from the BOM are missing because I couldn't visualize them in my layout. They will be probably included in the back.

Do you have any comment about my layout? Anything that you would change?
I will make each block scrappy, but I hope to be able to keep the white/blue/aqua palette of that layout because I really like the combination.

Now I hope to be able to finish the center of the wall-hanging before the year ends, so that I will be ready to add the blocks for the BOM as soon as they are released!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1