Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Monday, January 27, 2014

MOP Monday, a new Linky party!! :)

Hello everyone!!

I decided to host a new weekly linky party here every Monday because it is always fun to share my weekly progress and see what you all are up to.

This linky party is called MOP Monday - My Own Progress Monday :)

The idea for myself is to have a specific list of projects and every Monday share with you the "step forward" that I took on all those projects. The "step" can be anything related to that project (from finishing a full block, to cutting the fabric, from just printing the pattern and picking the fabric, to finishing up the entire project). No step is too little to be reported! A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!! :)
To make my progress easier to track I will use both a picture (showing the entire project with the progress) and a written list... but you can decide to share whatever you want (as long as it is about quilting/sewing/crochet/crafts :) )

-- MOP: The list --
1. As You Wish - finished Buttercup block (see below)
2. Celtic Solstice - assembled the missing four-patch units
3. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - done second block (The King's Crows)
4. Alice in Wonderland quilt - done Heart Rose Tree block (blogged in a previous post)
5. Happy Halloween wall hanging - designed (in QA) the corner blocks from Melissa's QAL (I needed a smaller version of what she is doing, so I had to do it myself and I prefer paper piecing than classic piecing ;)), printed and cut the pattern pieces
6. Topolino quilt - done Number 1 block (see below)

-- MOP: This week new blocks --

--
Buttercup block, from the As You Wish, Quilt and Stitch along @ Fandom in Stitches.
The pattern is available for free on Fandom In Stitches.
I choose the simple version of the embroidery pattern, but there are also an intermediate and an advanced option that are just amazing!!

--
I tested another of my Disney blocks, Scrooge's Number one Dime :)
I found some minor mistakes in the pattern, I fixed them and now you can find it in the Quilt&StitchTestAlong page

TweloQ blog

--
And now, what are YOUR own progresses? Link them below!!
Rules for the linky party:
1. You can link finished projects or WIP at any stage! Every step is worth sharing
   (A journey of thousand miles is made of single steps)!

2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others to read about your progress!
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link (code for the button on the side bar)
4. Comment on other links!! It's always good to support each other every step of the way!! :)



2 comments:

  1. wow! your Buttercup block is so intricate! nice!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have quite a bit to keep you busy in the near future!

    Buttercup turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1