Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, April 26, 2014

MOP Monday - old things and new things

I still didn't get back my paper piecing mojo :(
But what is the best way to get it back? simple: doing something else (e.g. traditional piecing), get tired of that and wanting to go back to the nice things of paper piecing ;)

And I also have some old blocks that I did some time ago but I couldn't share, so, let's get down to


-- MOP: The list --
1. As You Wish - Miracle Max & Valerie (paper piecing and embroidery block (see below))
2. Celtic Solstice - Finished (see last week post)
3. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - no progress (progress last week)
4. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
5. Happy Halloween wall hanging - no progress
6. Topolino quilt - no progress
--
7. B&W pillow - DOOONE (actually done 2 pillows, see below)
8. Grocery bag - done last week (off the list!)
9. Triangle QAL - Final show off, post last week
10. Emerald wall hanging  done last week  (off the list!)

-- MOP: This week new blocks --
Last week on Fandom In Stitches, the last pattern for the As You Wish quilt was released...
I designed the PP block!! Here it is
 You can find both patterns on Fandom In Stitches!
--
And as I mentioned before, to get my paper piecing mojo back, I did many other things :)
First, I completed my Downton Abbey pillow... and then I made a second pillow for a person who loves music.
The Downton Abbey pattern is available in my Free Pattern page.

(pillows - front)

The piano keyboard make some "pockets" in the front... because the pillow is intended to be a "remote control pillow" :)
And I think that the fabric on the back of both is a really good fit: for Downton Abbey there are cars from the early 1900 and for the music pillow has some musical instruments, notes and names of famous musicians! ;)
(pillows - back)
--
And then, to get tired of traditional "cutting + chain piecing" I made 5 blocks for my Rainbow Starburst quilt (you can find the pattern here).

I love that block! It's super easy, super scrappy, super wonky, super fast... and I do just few blocks at the time... I don't even know how big the quilt is going to be, or how many block I will need... I just cut 3'' squares and I put them together in blocks of similar colors... and when I have enough I will make a quilt :)
--
And my partner for the Block Swap received her block so I can share it here with you!
This is the Star I choose for her (pattern available on Craftsy)
--
And last week I promised a special post to thank all the wonderful people that used my patterns and shared they work with me, but I didn't have time to put it together... I will do my best to share it this coming week... and there will be a new Alice in Wonderland pattern tested, fixed and officially released...
--
And now, link YOUR own progresses below!!
Rules for the linky party:
1. You can link finished projects or WIP at any stage! Every step is worth sharing
   (A journey of thousand miles is made of single steps)!

2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others to read about your progress!
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link (code for the button on the side bar)
4. Comment on other links!! It's always good to support each other every step of the way!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1