Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Uninspired but moving on (and a link party)

I kind of lost my sewing mojo this week... but I try to keep going because it will come back eventually!

The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - June block pattern almost ready!
  2. WGACA projects (changed projects)
    1. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - one quilt done (see below)!!
    2. SECRET quilt for exhibit - (FDJ) maybe will drop this
    3. Minion QAL - Vampire Minion (Minion block) one block done (see below)
  3. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
  4. Hello Block Swap - waiting for June
  5. American Quilt (previous known as Americana QAL) - shipped to the quilter!
  6. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  7. Challenge quilt - I change the challenge I will probably join... but still considering
  8. Road Home Row-A-Long - no progress
The EverythingElse List:
  1. 70273 Project - waiting to hear about the blocks sent before making more
  2. Jane T - no progress
  3. The SK project - no progress
  4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
  5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
  6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  7. As You Wish -  no progress
  8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
  9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
  10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
--
I am working on charity quilts to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter. 
I finally convinced myself to sit and do some FMQ on this quilt!

Dimensions: 60'' x 40''

I just decided to do some medium meander, some weird flowery things in the center and then I tried to do something different on the stars... that part is not great :) but I finally fully understand why I don't like quilting!
1. I love working with busy fabric... and that means that the quilting is hardly visible so I struggle a lot understanding what I am doing and at the end the quilting is not much visible anyway so why bother to struggle? :)
2. I don't like the continuos sound of the sewing machine! I love to piece, but I like the short burst of sewing followed by the silence of cutting that paper piecing requires. I don't even like chain piecing! My brain just goes into anxiety mode if I hear that sound for more than 15 seconds apparently :) 

Well, I guess I will have to find ways to enjoy it anyway and I think that using the walking foot (and stopping a lot) or doing all over meander that are very unstructured could help me with these issues.

--
The other only thing I convinced myself to stitch is another Minion

These blocks are sooooo fun to make!! The next one is half done so I should have it by next week.


--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your minion. He looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. slow and steady is the way to go when you (and I) have a zillion things going on. Your fmq looks great and your minion is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vampire! Hilarious indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1