Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Slow, slow summer (and a link party)

There is something about summer that makes me slow down... well, at least I have few small finishes!!
The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - finished quilting August block, starting Sept board
  2. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - new top started (see 3.)
  3. Summer Solstice QAL - new instructions have been released. I will work on this tomorrow
  4. Minion QAL - if only I could convince myself to quilt the borders... well, maybe this week!!
    1. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
    2. Hello Block Swap - paused until Sept
    3. Splendid Sampler - no progress
    4. Road Home Row-A-Long - no progress
    5. Secret event (January 2017) - started designing
    6. Secret event (February 2017) - design completed
    7. Secret event (August 2017) - button designed
    8. Secret event (Feb-Oct 2017) - sketching started!
    9. Gift Bookmarks - one done, one designed (see below)
    10. Gift pillow cases - two done (see below)
    The EverythingElse List:
    1. 70273 Project - no progress
    2. Jane T - no progress
    3. The SK project - no progress
    4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
    5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
    6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
    7. As You Wish -  no progress
    8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
    9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
    10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
    --
    Two more pillow cases done! These are a birthday present. I am becoming super fast making these... and that's a good thing because guess what everybody is getting for Xmas this year..? :)

    --
    The only other little project I completed is this cute bookmark.

    2.75'' x 9''

    I designed it in Google Spreadsheet and stitched it up using cross stitching!
    It went together super fast. I then just zig-zagged a couple of times around three sides, slided in a piece of thick paper and then I hand stitched the top close. In this way if it bends, we can just change up the cardboard inside and the bookmark will be like new!! :)
    I really really like that print! I have a fat quarter of it, and I used it to make my boyfriend a credit card wallet, a zipper pouch for his gps and now this. I still have some fabric left for other small projects. Don't you love when everything coordinates? ;)

    --
    How about you? What are YOU up to?
    Link it here and share it with me!!

    3 comments:

    1. I've been working on my scrappy quilt top - well do more on it this weekend and maybe I will have it completed by mid week? Then I just have to wait for my backing fabric to start basting

      ReplyDelete
    2. Blame the slowdown on the heat? the beautiful weather? other fun things to do?
      Love your bookmark - thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers
      Susan

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
    Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

    UA-37918212-1